Relevant privacy laws
3x3Hustle is required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (‘APPs’) set out in that Act. The APPs establish minimum standards for the collection, use, disclosure and handling of personal information. They apply to personal information in any form, including hard copy and electronic/digital form. The APPs can be accessed at the website of the office of the Australian Information Commissioner: www.privacy.gov.au.
3x3Hustle is also subject to other laws relating to the protection of personal information. 3x3Hustle’s direct marketing activities must also comply with the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) and the Spam Act 2010 (Cth).
What personal and sensitive information does 3x3Hustle usually collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) from which it is possible to determine someone’s identity.
The personal information collected by 3x3Hustle about a particular person will vary depending on the circumstances of collection. It may include, but is not limited to, a person’s contact details (name, email and/or postal address, phone number), date of birth, gender, credit card details, employment history, qualifications, insurance details, or communication history with 3x3Hustle. Only relevant personal information is collected and 3x3Hustle does not collect personal information that is not needed.
3x3Hustle also collects information about consumer preferences and attitudes. This includes information about:
- product and service usage;
- club affiliations;
- event participation and game attendance;
- responses to offers made and/or promotions run by 3x3Hustle or its affiliates;
- payment patterns and history; and
- inquiries and complaints.
Sensitive information is a type of personal information that also includes information or an opinion about someone’s:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinions;
- membership of a political association, professional or trade association or trade union;
- religious beliefs or affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- criminal record; or
- health, genetic information or disability.
If it is reasonably necessary in the circumstances, 3x3Hustle may collect sensitive information. For 3x3Hustle players, this may be in relation to medical history, health and genetic information or details of any disability.
How does 3x3Hustle collect personal and sensitive information?
Information may be collected when you:
- become a member of 3x3Hustle;
- subscribe to any publication of 3x3Hustle, including electronic publications;
- provide details to 3x3Hustle in an application, consent form, competition, survey, feedback form or incident report;
- enter personal information into, or agree to having your personal information entered into 3x3Hustle’s online systems;
- access the 3x3Hustle website;
- contact 3x3Hustle via email, telephone or mail or engage with 3x3Hustle via social media;
- participate in any program, activity, competition or event run by 3x3Hustle;
- purchase tickets to a 3x3Hustle event or match from 3x3Hustle or an authorised agent;
- purchase merchandise, products or services from 3x3Hustle or an authorised agent or licensee; or
- apply for employment or a volunteer position with 3×3 Hustle.
If you do not provide some or all of the information that we request from you, this may affect 3x3Hustle’s ability to communicate with you or provide the requested products or services or apply for employment or volunteer positions with 3x3Hustle. If it is impracticable for 3x3Hustle to deal with you as a result of you not providing the requested information or consent, 3x3Hustle may refuse to do so.
Collection from third parties
3x3Hustle may collect personal information regarding a child from the parent or other responsible person associated with that child.
In some circumstances, 3x3Hustle collects information from other third parties. Examples of such third parties could include, without limitation, the Australian Institute of Sport, the Australian Olympic Committee, the Australian Commonwealth Games Committee, the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, non-affiliated basketball and other sporting organisations, or government and law enforcement bodies.
How does 3x3Hustle use and disclose personal information?
- carry out our functions, and conduct our day-to-day business activities, including to provide you with requested products and services, news, special offers and other information that you requested;
- verify your identity;
- complete background checks;
- research, develop, run, administer and market competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to basketball or other sports;
- research, develop and market products, services, merchandise and special offers made available by us and third parties, licensees, suppliers and sponsors;
- respond to emergency situations involving or requiring medical treatment;
- administer, manage and provide you with access to 3x3Hustle Website; and
- make employment decisions and manage our staff.
3x3Hustle may use health information to ensure that programs we operate are run safely and in accordance with any special health needs participants may require. Health information may also be kept for insurance purposes. In addition, we may use de-identified health information and other sensitive information to carry out research, to prepare submissions to government, or to plan events and activities.
3x3Hustle uses personal information only for the purposes for which it was provided and for directly related purposes (unless otherwise required by or authorised under law). We may state a more specific purpose at the point we collect your information.
We will use non-sensitive personal information to provide better services and for marketing purposes. This may include disclosure of such information to service providers for these purposes.
If you do not wish to receive e-mail, SMS or posted offers from 3x3Hustle you may advise us at any time by contacting 3x3Hustle via the contact details set out in this policy.
3x3Hustle may disclose your personal information to a range of organisations which include:
- Australian basketball organisations, sporting clubs and organisations involved in basketball such as tour and event organisers;
- companies we engage to carry out functions and activities on 3x3Hustle’s behalf, including direct marketing and payment facilitators;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- our insurers;
- relevant sporting bodies; and
- in other circumstances permitted by law.
3x3Hustle is a joint venture of the National Basketball League (NBL) and Basketball Australia (BA), and consequently personal information will be disclosed to these bodies to provide you products and services. For more information about how the NBL and BA handle personal information, please visit their respective privacy policies at; http://nbl.com.au/pages/privacy-policy and http://australia.basketball/about-ba/policies/.
In addition, 3x3Hustle may also disclose personal information:
- with your express or implied consent;
- when required or authorised by law;
- to an enforcement body when reasonably necessary; or
- to lessen or prevent a threat to an individual or public health or safety.
Is personal information disclosed outside Australia?
3x3Hustle discloses some personal information to persons or organisations that are outside Australia. This includes:
- 3x3Hustle’s customer service and marketing call centre operations are based in Manila, Philippines. Personal information about prospective, current and past fans, members and customers is accessed by our Manila based staff for the purpose of sales and marketing, customer service, correspondence, and other support activities.
- Database and webhosting services provided to 3x3Hustle involve personal information being transferred to IT service providers based in India, Philippines, Singapore, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States of America.
- International sporting organisations where teams progress to national tours, tournaments or training camps abroad.
- For the purpose of hosting 3x3Hustle international challenges, including in Singapore.
In such circumstances, we will use our best endeavours to ensure such parties are subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that are suitably similar to the APPs.
Our 3x3Hustle Pass membership subscriptions and e-commerce platform are facilitated by Stripe Payment (“Stripe”) When subscribing with us, your data is stored through Stripe’s data storage, and databases.
Website tracking and cookies
When you visit the 3x3Hustle website, our systems may record certain information about your use of the site, including the web pages visited and the time and date of the visit as well as the IP address visited from. 3x3Hustle uses this information to help analyse and improve the performance of the 3x3Hustle website.
Websites linked to the 3x3Hustle website are not subject to 3x3Hustle’s privacy standards, policies or procedures. 3x3Hustle cannot take any responsibility for the collection, use, disclosure or security of any personal information that you provide to a third-party website.
How does 3x3Hustle protect your personal information?
3x3Hustle stores information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. Much of the information we collect is stored in electronic databases. When your information is entered into 3x3Hustle’s membership database, the information may be combined or linked with other information held about you. We have extensive processes in place to ensure that our information systems and files are kept secure from unauthorised access and interference.
Some of the security measures 3x3Hustle uses include; strict confidentiality requirements of our employees, volunteers, service providers, security measures for system access and security measures for our website. Our staff are trained to properly handle the different types of information they receive, particularly sensitive information. We also have quality assurance measures in place to monitor calls to ensure that our processes are being followed.
Access to and correction of your personal information
3x3Hustle will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly.
We encourage you to regularly review and update your personal information. If you would like to access the personal information that we hold about you, please let us know by making a request via the contact details set out below. We will respond to your request for access within a reasonable period. If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately and we will correct it.
Resolving privacy issues and complaints
Any issues or complaints in relation to the collection, use, disclosure, quality, security of and access to your personal information may be made to the 3x3Hustle in one of the following ways:
By telephone on +61 3 8391 6099
Write to 3x3Hustle Level 6, 10 Queens Road Melbourne VIC 3004
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period and try to resolve your complaint for you. If we are unable to resolve your complaint or you are unhappy with the outcome, you can contact the Office of Australian Information Commissioner via its enquiries line 1300 363 992 or website http://www.oaic.gov.au/ to lodge a complaint.
For further information on 3x3Hustle’s management of personal information, please contact 3x3Hustle.